|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 8 thick-cut slices of bacon
- 1/2 large jalapeño pepper, finely minced, divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c. Mexican blend cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 t. smoked paprika
- 1/2 t. Mexican oregano
- 1/2 t. chipotle powder
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Line a large plate with paper towels and place 4 slices of bacon on top. Cover with additional paper towels. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or until bacon is crispy. Remove from microwave and discard paper towels. Repeat process with additional paper towels and remaining slices of bacon
- Place crispy bacon in a food processor and pulse briefly until roughly chopped. Transfer bacon crumbs to a large bowl, along with half the jalapeño pepper, and stir to combine. Set aside
- Combine the remaining jalapeño pepper, cream cheese, Mexican cheese, smoked paprika, Mexican oregano, chipotle powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir vigorously to combine
- Shape the cheese mixture into a ball with your hands and transfer to a serving plate. Place in the refrigerator to firm up a bit, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove cheese ball from refrigerator and gently roll in the bacon jalapeño mixture until thoroughly coated. Return to serving dish and serve immediately with sliced vegetables and/or gluten-free crackers. Enjoy!