You won’t believe how quick and easy these tasty stuffed peppers come together. You can have this delicious, low-carb entrée on the table in just over half an hour without much fuss, because the spicy Chorizo sausage delivers a ton of flavor without adding a lot of other seasonings. As an added bonus, these peppers freeze extremely well, so you can easily double or triple this recipe for even faster weeknight meals later.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25-30 minutes|
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spread tomato sauce across bottom of 9x13” glass baking dish. Set aside.
- Cut Poblano peppers in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact on one side. Remove seeds and set aside.
- Brown Chorizo in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain excess fat from pan.
- Add cream cheese, goat cheese, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese to skillet and stir until cheese is melted and sausage is thoroughly coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Carefully spoon sausage mixture into empty Poblano pepper halves and arrange in prepared glass baking dish and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Place baking dish in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and peppers are heated through. Remove from oven and serve immediately with additional tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
*Note to Publisher: A spicy tomato sauce recipe is included as a bonus in this package: Zucchini Noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce.