This fruity and refreshing beverage isn’t overly sweet thanks to the natural tartness of the cherries and fresh lime juice. A touch of honey adds just the right amount of sweetness to balance out the more tart flavors, while fresh mint adds a bright note to bring it all together.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 2 c. dark cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen)
- 2 T. Honey
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 c. fresh mint leaves, washed, patted dry, and torn
- 2 c. club soda
- Combine dark cherries, honey, and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture is warmed through and bubbly and the cherries release their juices.
- Remove from heat and transfer the dark cherry mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a pitcher and let cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Add lime juice and mint leaves and stir to combine. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, fill four serving glasses with ice and add ¼ cup dark cherry mixture, ½ cup club soda, and one ounce gin, if using, to each glass. Stir gently to combine and serve immediately. Enjoy!