Many traditional corned beef recipes utilize dark beer as the cooking liquid. However, this gluten-free version relies on chicken or beef broth instead.
Time-Saving Tip: Prep the carrots, potatoes, and cabbage after the beef is already cooking.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||88 minutes ((combined) + time to come to pressure)|
|Passive Time||10 minutes (+ 5 minutes for vegetables)|
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 small (or 1 medium) yellow onions, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 c. chicken or beef broth, preferably organic
- 1 c. water
- 2 1/2 - 4 pound corned beef brisket with spice pack
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 5 large carrots, cut into strips
- 1 lb. red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 large cabbage head, sliced
- Add garlic, onion, and bay leaves to Instant Pot® container and pour the broth and water on top. Place the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot® inside the container with the handles positioned up for easy removal.
- Place the brisket fat-side down on the trivet and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Sprinkle the spice packet that came with the brisket on top.
- Add the lid and lock into place. Set the vent to “Sealing” and select the “Manual” button. Adjust to the “High” setting and set the cook time to 85 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before doing a quick release on any remaining pressure. Remove brisket by carefully lifting the trivet out by the handles (using potholders) and transfer to a platter. Set aside and keep warm.
- Return the trivet to the Instant Pot® and add the carrots, potatoes, and cabbage on top. Cover and lock lid into place. Set the vent to “Sealing” and select the “Manual” button. Adjust cook time to 3 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes before doing a quick release on the remaining pressure.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to the serving platter with the corned beef. Slice the beef against the grain and serve immediately along with the vegetables. Enjoy!