Chimichurri is a classic sauce from Argentina traditionally served with different types of grilled meat. For the best flavor, prepare the Chimichurri sauce and marinate the flank steaks the night before. You’ll be glad you did!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, parsley, cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and cumin in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- In a small glass bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, and chopped garlic with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place the flank steak in a large, sealable plastic bag and add the olive oil mixture. Tightly seal the bag and turn a couple times to coat the steak in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- To prepare, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and allow excess to drip off before adding to the hot skillet. Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes, then turn and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes for medium-rare results. Adjust cooking times to reach the desired level of doneness.
- Remove from heat and transfer steak to a cutting surface. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into very thin slices against the grain. To serve, drizzle steak with some Chimichurri sauce and pass remaining sauce for those who prefer a little more. Enjoy!
Nutritional information (per serving)*
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Fat: 39.2g (7.8g Saturated Fat)
*Nutritional information is from HappyForks.com. It is provided for entertainment purposes only.
Nutritional information for this recipe was down to account for the amount of olive oil used in the sauce and marinade, rather than directly consumed.