|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25-30 minutes|
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. bo neless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 T. Italian seasoning divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- 1/2 c. multi - colored cherry tomatoes, quartered* * Multi - color tomatoes suggested for visual appeal . Can substitute fresh tomatoes of choice
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 t. red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning.Season with salt and black pepper, to taste,and transfer to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust.Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired
- Transfer skillet into pre-heated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes
- To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately with loaded cauliflower au gratin for a complete LCHF meal or your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Total Carbs: 2.16g
Net Carbs: 1.88g
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer.
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice