Panna Cotta is a classic northern Italian dessert with roots in the dairy-rich Piedmont region. Although it only takes a few minutes to prepare, it lends a sophisticated finish to any special meal or occasion. This recipe proves once again that a dish doesn’t have to be complicated to be out-of-this-world delicious.
- 1/3 c. cold water
- 1 1/2 T. unflavored gelatin
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 2 c. half & half
- 1/2 c. Honey
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- In a medium glass bowl, sprinkle gelatin over the cold water and let stand for 5 –10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the heavy cream, half & half and honey to a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until honey is dissolved. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Pour the warm mixture over the gelatin and stir until thoroughly dissolved.
- Divide into wine goblets and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours before serving.
To serve, top with seasonal fresh berries, caramel sauce or drizzled with honey.