Note: Raw or roasted beets can be used in this recipe. However, roasted beets will yield a smoother texture. To save time on busy mornings, wash and wrap the beets in aluminum foil and toss into a hot oven for approximately 1 hour while making dinner throughout the week. Store roasted beets in the refrigerator for several days until ready to use.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour (if roasting beets)|
- 2 large bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 c. frozen strawberries
- 1 c. frozen raspberries
- 2 large red beets, roasted, peeled,and chopped
- 2 c. almond milk, unsweetened
- 6-8 large ice cubes
- 1 T. chia seeds
- Optional: 4 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish
- **Can substitute water for brighter red color and fewer calories
- ***Pictured: Nutriva Super seed Blend with Coconut (available on Amazon)
- Add the frozen bananas, berries, beets, almond milk, and ice cubes to a high-speed blender. Cover and blend on the highest setting until completely smooth and creamy, approximately 2 minutes.If necessary, add a little water to reach the desired consistency if the mixture is too thick.
- Divide between 4 glasses or mason jars and top each serving with some chia seeds. Garnish each glass or jar with a sprig of fresh mint, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!