|Prep Time||10 minutes (+ 10 minutes to brown sausage)|
|Cook Time||4-6 hours low|
- Non-stick cooking spray (or melted butter or coconut oil)
- 16 oz. mild bulk sausage (no casings)
- 1 20-oz. bag hash browns, shredded
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 t. chipotle powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 c. Monterey Jack (or other mild white) cheese, finely shredded
- Spray a 6-quart or larger slow cooker crock with non-stick cooking spray (or grease with melted butter or coconut oil).
- Cook sausage in a large skillet until nicely browned, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from the skillet. Set aside.
- Spread hash browns in an even layer across the bottom of the slow cooker crock. Add the browned sausage and sprinkle the ground cumin and garlic powder on top.
- Add the chopped red pepper and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Whisk the eggs and water together in a large bowl and pour evenly across the top of the other ingredients before topping with the shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve immediately topped with green onion, red pepper, fresh cilantro, and/or additional shredded cheese, if desired. Enjoy!