|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- Fill a large container or pot with water and attach the sous vide circulator to the side. Set the temperature to 185°F and the cook time to 1hour.
- While the water bath heats up, combine the beets, balsamic vinegar, orange zest,and thyme leaves in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- Just before the water bath reaches the selected temperature, transfer the beets and marinade to an airtight plastic bag. Remove as much air as possible from the bag as possible before sealing. (If using a vacuum sealer, use the ‘moist’ setting).
- Add the sealed bag to the heated water bath. (The bag should sink if enough air has been removed). Adjust the sous vide timer back to one hour, if necessary.
- When the cook time is complete, remove the beets from the water bath and discard the other contents of the bag.Transfer the beets to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
- To serve, arrange the beets on a serving platter, along with the goat cheese, chopped pistachios, and fresh orange zest. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh thyme and top with a drizzle of white balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, if desired. Enjoy!