This is how dinner should be: Fast, easy, and full of flavor! You can have this tasty meal on the table in 30 minutes if needed, or you can marinate the steak ahead of time with some olive oil and the dried spices listed below for extra flavor.
For best results, use a three-quarter sized sheet pan for this recipe versus the more common 13” x 18” half sheet pan. This will allow extra room to spread the vegetables out into a single layer without overcrowding while roasting.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15-20 minutes|
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 lb bag mini sweet peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 2 t. chili powder ½ t. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 t. cayenne pepper
- 1 t. red pepper flakes Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 large lime, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sliced flank steak, peppers, red onion, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, and red pepper flakes. Generously season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix until everything is well coated.
- Spread the steak and pepper mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and roast in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the steak reaches the desired level of doneness and the peppers are soft and slightly caramelized.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and sprinkle with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve immediately with diced avocado, corn tortillas, or lettuce wraps for a low-carb option, if desired. Enjoy!