This is one of those super easy and incredibly versatile recipes that can be served in so many ways. For example, it’s perfect in classic tacos or lettuce wraps or paired with rice or roasted vegetables. Leftovers can also be added to vegetable soups or mixed green salads for a quick lunch the next day.
Tip: For best results, allow meat to cook on low for at least 8 hours.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||8 hours|
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 lbs. beef chuck roast
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1½ t. ground cumin
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. chipotle powder
- 1 t dried Mexican oregano
- 1 10-oz. can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 c. beef stock
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- Spray the bottom and sides of 6-quart slow-cooker crock with non-stick cooking spray.
- Generously season the beef with salt and pepper on all sides and place in slow cooker crock. Add all remaining ingredients, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When done cooking, remove lid and shred beef with two forks while still inside the slow cooker. Allow shredded beef to marinate in warm cooking juices for 5 minutes to absorb more flavor.
- Transfer shredded beef from slow cooker to a serving platter with tongs, allowing excess liquid to drain. Top with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with fresh lime wedges and additional cooking juices on the side, if desired. Enjoy!