This tasty soup is a great way to use up leftover holiday turkey. Here, traditional egg noodles are replaced with white beans and an assortment of fresh vegetables for a hearty and delicious dish. Enjoy by itself for a light lunch or pair with a crisp, green side salad for a more satisfying meal.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30-40 minutes|
- 2 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large leek, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 t. dried parsley
- 2 t. dried oregano
- 1/2 t. cayenne pepper
- 4 c. organic chicken stock
- 3" Parmesan cheese rind
- 2 c. water
- 2 15-oz cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 c. cooked turkey, shredded
- 2 c. baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat, then add garlic, onion, leeks, carrots, and jalapeno. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and develop a bit of color, approximately 6 - 8 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add bay leaves, dried herbs, and cayenne pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the herbs become fragrant.
- Add chicken stock, Parmesan rind, water, and cannellini beans to the pot.Increase heat to high and bring the soup to a rolling boil. Once it boils, reduce heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes.
- Add shredded turkey and spinach to the pot and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until the spinach wilts and the turkey is heated through. Remove from heat and discard bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Serve immediately with some shaved Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!