These Paleo-friendly chocolate cherry brownies are so incredibly moist and full of flavor, you won’t even miss the processed flour, sugar, and dairy ingredients found in more traditional recipes.
For this version, you can use either fresh or frozen cherries. If using frozen cherries, let them thaw completely at room temperature before chopping and adding to the batter. You can also collect the juice while thawing and add it to the batter, as well. You will need to increase the cooking time by several minutes to account for the extra moisture, however.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25-30 minutes|
- 4 large eggs
- 2 T. + ¼ c. coconut oil, melted
- ½ c. honey, preferably loca
- ¼ c. almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ¼ c. cocoa powde
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. Salt
- 1 c. chopped, pitted cherries
- Place top oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch brownie pan with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, ¼ cup melted coconut oil, honey, almond milk, and vanilla until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add the chopped, pitted cherries and any juices (if using frozen cherries) and fold until combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and place in the pre-heated oven to bake until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, approximately 25-30 minutes. (Cooking time will vary by oven. Check after 20 minutes and adjust cooking time accordingly).
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature before slicing into squares and serving. Enjoy!